菜鳥第九期
It had been a long long week
Went to gym w papa
But I've managed to complete a number of things and catch up with a number of friends
So glad for that ☺️
But there's an issue that kinda killed part of the joy and plagued the later half of the week w tinge of anger
Much has been said about it by various people from both sides of the camp
And I stay with the side of most students and camp organizers
While I wouldn't say I loved the camps
I still feel that it is pretty saddening to see how the public (mass media, keyboard warriors, uninformed external parties) has blown the issue out of proportion
And even shittier than the school has bent public pressure resulting in the cancellation of oweek
I guess we've always known how impactful social media can be on killing the efforts of govt and all public and private orgs
But it's the first time the impact's so near when it's my school that's being targetted
And feeling it worse than before cause it started from an irresponsible mass media party
Know that it's only wise to keep cool and be chill
Not to mention how I foresee more will come my way since our shows are often the first to be ridiculed for all kinds of reasons
But it's so hard to keep all the frustration in when they are one-sided accusations w little grounds for the other story to be heard 😔
Anyway, work-wise,
I've started on what all bilingual writers have to do - translation
Hahah i think it's gonna be taxing to translate while writing
But at least it's still enjoyable for now since I don't have other taxing tasks and this is on an ad hoc basis
Finished one assignment on Friday ✌️ (Though at the expense of being distracted during the meeting such that I've no recollections of what they said half the time 😝)
Went for two research trips on tues and thurs
And got to know so much more about our country's frontline heroes 💪
Heard about how much they have to train and how difficult tasks can be physically and mentally for them
* salutes! *
And our team celebrated the birthday of the most outgoing member lol
It's always pretty quiet without her so I guess she's actually quite impt haha
Caught up with Nicholas, Esther and Muni over the past week 🙆
Also caught Alex at one north after a site research
Heh so glad meetups w close friends are exciting yet therapeutic
Though I get rlly tired especially after meetups that occur on consecutive days
But no regrets :) :)
Honestly haha now that it's pretty hard to make new friends
I come to realize how much I treasure having this existing bunch of friends
謝謝你們 for being here, and for waiting for me to end work to have dinner 😅💕
Walked to sportshub and kept walking and walking ard haha
Gosh the crowd 🙈🙈🙈 but so thankful to all of then for giving their all for singapore 👏
Momma got a flag from one of the volunteers and hanged it on her bag haha kwiyopta 💕
For the record :)
Lastly, a joke here by Angela who's frustrated at my loss of weight for min known reasons hahahahah




