twentyfifteen

Lost the habit of writing journals/diaries since I came back from exchange
And thus lost quite a bit of memory about all that happened in the past year 
Here's a little summary about the things that I could rmb about 2015

Daily Life

Jan hols
- walked along the freezing streets of shanghai after our lil new year celebration at dongfangmingzhu due to missing the last train, then woke up to the news of shanghai stampede which made me feel regretful yet ultimately glad that I'm able to go home alive ;)
- spent the last few days of exchange going back to the old places to enjoy all the yummy food (kinda glad tht I'm back or I'll prob be a pig by now heh - still missing my cheap yummy sushi jianbingguozi xiaolongbao shaokao shaoxiancao and xiaolinjianbing!)
- delayed flights on my journey home let me stranded at the hongkong airport till past midnight (but kinda liked it cause I could roam ard the quiet airport alone with compensatory $$ vouchers haha) so I had a superpseudo laksa and Starbucks, and a book in hand ;))
- glad seeing pama after touching down esp cause we had a good swensens bfast hehe but wasn't v happy with my exploded face haha grew a total of 6kgs from these months of good food 
- then it was a week of rest and some catchups (though I honestly can't rmb who I met :/) but anw school time!

Summer hols
- secured internship after 5 interviews lol quite megafail at interviews this time lol
- but somewhat got tricked into a telemarketing job lol even though still quite sian that it doesn't seem to value add my resume to help me into a marketing career but I guess it was okay since the ppl there were quite nice and I actually built a lil more confidence and exposure to the commercial world (and all the networking sighbadly)
- haha but more importantly, it rlly made me appreciate studies much more so I was actually quite glad that i could take a break by going back to school (since when did school become a break lol)
- also joined some exercise activities at sportshub on a fortnightly-basis as i did th internship cause life was kinda following a routine (it was supposed to be weekly but i keep getting lazy so it became fortnightly haha) and i actually felt like i became healthier even though no weight was lost lol (but now i wonder why such motivation got lost totally after school started and even till the end of th year shrugs)
- met up with many friends during the hols too and one friend that i surprisingly met up with was my pri school friend :') undoubtedly a lil awkward though we rlly tried but glad it wasn't too bad haha 10 years since we last met lol

Dec hols
- had an early hol this time as business mods often have finals during the semester (which nearly killed us when all piled up in wk13) and hence kinda enjoyed a few weeks of my free time hehe
- most of the winter plans that i considered during the sem didn't come true lol but glad that a few did nonetheless - like writing .. oh dang seems like i only managed to do this ._.
- but anw most of the hol was filled with fsp prep and so glad (yet surreal) that we are reaching the end of it :D

School life 

Y3S2
- was a lil apprehensive about the start of school cause socially awkward me has to return to socialising after months of living happily by myself 
- but was super happy with my modules for the semester (y3s2) cause it was all marketing and new media mods hehe especially enjoyed consumer behavior by prof lee cause he was super dedicated and undoubtedly my best prof over the four years! loved all the insights learnt even the evolution theories which could sound a lil nonsensical sometimes haha it v likely also helped that there was a synergistic effect w all the other mods incl nm's intro, theories, advertising and pr - and I liked all these mods and even rmbed many of it's theories till now!! Hehe even though the sem's alr over fr half a year, I can still confidently say that it is my best sem in uni cause I learned so much even when I'm attending most classes by myself hehe :) :)
- oh and and best grad received till then and pulled my cap all the way up hehe interest really make a whole lot of difference (at least for me) :D 

Y4S1
- kinda hard to believe that it's the last year of studies but also glad that it is so since i think it's rlly time to move on to another stage of life (even though it seems intimidating and sad that i'm no longer gonna enjoy 3- or 4-day weeks and full month(s) of holidays)
- took up three of the lvl4000 marketing modules due to course requirement now that im in hons and I totally didn't regret that even though it seemed quite scary initially haha
- in fact they were all interesting and beneficial (though in v different and somehow non-marketing ways) such that classes were enjoyable even though two of them were at 8am (cries) haha 
- more specifically, the class on theory and research required weekly critiques and I was totally forced to speak up due to the 40% class part haha the amt I spoke was possibly more than all the class part I did over the past 3 years haha but I liked it so much cause the nice prof helped to answer many of my questions and allowed me to finally understand what pvalue is after 6 years (since jc) hahah 
- also liked the sunzi mod too even though some ppl may find it fluffy (shrugs it's nice actually) but i think i wont forget how harv google searched "chao chao" for 曹操 when prof mentioned it and ended up seeing the chowchow dogs hahahah it's honestly damn troll at that moment lololol
- felt quite shitty for one analytics mod though cause i kinda caused the grp to perform badly (kills hehe but my subgroup was kinda lack in manpower sian rolleyes) and the exam was hellllll i think i prob scored 25% lol but heh phew at least i didnt do too badly haha
- that said, that mod was rlly insightful! rlly learned stuff so it wasn't a bad mod at all haha
- oh and hehe finally achieved sth in this certain competition that made me have a huge confidence boost in my marketing skills keke and (prob cause i feel that certain things happen for a reason and instincts strike at the most unexpected moments) i'm glad that hon's bday actually became my lucky day for this competition cause the inspiration struck when i was waiting for her haha

wowwowwow i didnt expect myself to rlly succeed in summarizing most of my lives in this manner
but all for memory sake heh
thankful for the great 2015 :) :) :)

Popular posts from this blog

2025

蘇打綠 二十年一刻 ❤️