Internship @ D 2015
I've no idea why I'm doing this after putting it off for so long
but an impulse is probably what I've always needed
so here goes
The past 12 weeks was a period of the most challenging and tiring internship experience I've had
It's not as taxing as financial institutions, and possibly not as tough as those who had the luck to take charge of a whole marketing project
But all those internal politics, mismanagement, miscommunication, and unrealistic expectations from above have certainly made the weeks less comfortable than it should be
That said, the jokes and laughter from the interns and the other perms have also made working life a surprisingly enjoyable one
Hence, tiring as it was, I can't deny that I have enjoyed my third and final internship :)
A number of joys:
1. Interns & temps
but an impulse is probably what I've always needed
so here goes
The past 12 weeks was a period of the most challenging and tiring internship experience I've had
It's not as taxing as financial institutions, and possibly not as tough as those who had the luck to take charge of a whole marketing project
But all those internal politics, mismanagement, miscommunication, and unrealistic expectations from above have certainly made the weeks less comfortable than it should be
That said, the jokes and laughter from the interns and the other perms have also made working life a surprisingly enjoyable one
Hence, tiring as it was, I can't deny that I have enjoyed my third and final internship :)
A number of joys:
1. Interns & temps
I'm super thankful for a kind/funny intern friend, a caring intern old
in-charge, and helpful but vulgar intern colleague - and they were the
main reasons why these weeks were good :) Much as they show an excessive amazement and concerns about my (lack of) love life, they have successfully made lunch times great breaks and working hours rather pleasant in spite of the shit i may receive. So glad to have LY who is somehow a joke for the company due to her unstoppable love for food while going through similar experiences as me thus understanding and always being there for me to rant. 
2. Successes
Despite all the irritation I have with telemarketing, it's truly a joy when I secure registration and especially sale of tickets. I still remember the first ticket that I sold - that "finally!!!" and "thank you so much!!!" feeling when Ben bought that ticket (yet guiltiness for the excessive cost god) hehe :) Not forgetting that somewhat touching emotion when people actually remember you - or Winnie - such that they can address you directly without me saying a single word (screams/laughs) haha

3. Colleagues
All that bickering from LL, FP, CT, C/B - it's plain joke when the silent office starts getting serenaded by some french opera that we actually commented/criticised as a ghostly tune for the 7th month which resulted in FP's hurt but continued insistence in playing the music lol. And the most recent bicker that happened between the curt LL and poor FP who wanted to help hahaha they were like the best pair of friends who couldn't stop picking on each other! Ah, and that time when FP asked Babe "where are you going without me?" (referring to their habitual breaks) and she simply shouted "SHIT" back across the office hahaha oh my I'm also pretty sure I won't forget CT's gaytalks and FP's occasional dance in his big body hahah gosh
4. All other stuff
Winnie - which originated from Winnie the Pooh (hehe and that's rlly my expression when someone wants me to do saikang);
All the lies and tricks in avoiding lunch/treats with others;
Having regular/fortnightly workouts at the Sports Hub on tues and wed aftr work;
Becoming comfortable with talking over the phone with Aussies and laughing at all the differences in our pronunciations
Amidst all the joys, those when-can-i-be-done OT moments after 6pm and over the weekends, the hell moments when my fingers cramp after all the ctrl-c/f/a/v as I scan through hundreds of contacts in the database, the awkward moments when i am at networking sessions, the bloodyshit moment when someone (delegate and client) baodou me, the damnitwhatshitisthis moment when i found out about my july's pay and the subsequent short-lived killmeidontcare and longer-lived istillhavetofinishregistering moments for the last two days (oh god tht was the worst).
But no matter all the angst, cause i'm now(was) a proud delegate manager of anz who reached my targets - 4000 contacts, 719 registrations, 550 attendees, 36 paid delegates, USD20000 delegate revenue.
And all this from a horrible start of 0 when it first started with 1 sign up per edm blast and 30-50 registrations after I took over from my ex-in-charge.
Tada - Winnie proudly steps down for the Aus event ^^ :
Grateful for SW too for all her patience as she coach us with the system (and impatience when we forget or dont listen), as well as all the attempts to help by reminding them abt my testimonial and recommending me to go overseas. Though unwilling as he has been v mean and vulgar, but still thankful for DC's efficiency and helping me now and then as i struggle to go home as early as possible (though i'm quite sure he wouldn't have helped if he has other things on hand rollseyes).

2. Successes
Despite all the irritation I have with telemarketing, it's truly a joy when I secure registration and especially sale of tickets. I still remember the first ticket that I sold - that "finally!!!" and "thank you so much!!!" feeling when Ben bought that ticket (yet guiltiness for the excessive cost god) hehe :) Not forgetting that somewhat touching emotion when people actually remember you - or Winnie - such that they can address you directly without me saying a single word (screams/laughs) haha

3. Colleagues
All that bickering from LL, FP, CT, C/B - it's plain joke when the silent office starts getting serenaded by some french opera that we actually commented/criticised as a ghostly tune for the 7th month which resulted in FP's hurt but continued insistence in playing the music lol. And the most recent bicker that happened between the curt LL and poor FP who wanted to help hahaha they were like the best pair of friends who couldn't stop picking on each other! Ah, and that time when FP asked Babe "where are you going without me?" (referring to their habitual breaks) and she simply shouted "SHIT" back across the office hahaha oh my I'm also pretty sure I won't forget CT's gaytalks and FP's occasional dance in his big body hahah gosh
4. All other stuff

Winnie - which originated from Winnie the Pooh (hehe and that's rlly my expression when someone wants me to do saikang);
All the lies and tricks in avoiding lunch/treats with others;
Having regular/fortnightly workouts at the Sports Hub on tues and wed aftr work;
Becoming comfortable with talking over the phone with Aussies and laughing at all the differences in our pronunciations
Amidst all the joys, those when-can-i-be-done OT moments after 6pm and over the weekends, the hell moments when my fingers cramp after all the ctrl-c/f/a/v as I scan through hundreds of contacts in the database, the awkward moments when i am at networking sessions, the bloodyshit moment when someone (delegate and client) baodou me, the damnitwhatshitisthis moment when i found out about my july's pay and the subsequent short-lived killmeidontcare and longer-lived istillhavetofinishregistering moments for the last two days (oh god tht was the worst).

But no matter all the angst, cause i'm now(was) a proud delegate manager of anz who reached my targets - 4000 contacts, 719 registrations, 550 attendees, 36 paid delegates, USD20000 delegate revenue.
And all this from a horrible start of 0 when it first started with 1 sign up per edm blast and 30-50 registrations after I took over from my ex-in-charge.
Tada - Winnie proudly steps down for the Aus event ^^ :


