Week 1 @ D

So after one week of rest, here starts my first week at a new company ... 
And it has been a shocking experience.

It is really diff from what I was expecting
I recall how I stupidly mentioned to the career counsellor that I don't think I'll have much to do in this company
And how wrong I was 😪

Much as I recognize how this internship experience is gonna be a fruitful one 
It is still kinda difficult to go through these days w so much work since I was expecting a rather chill internship lol
Hopefully hopefully 
I'll get used to the hectic pace and catch up asap

So here's a hopeful me before I reported for work on the first day

Then ...
Daily OTs and work that couldn't be finished oh gosh 
A lil disheartening tbh 

Started off w data entry of name cards 
Then got tasked to migrate data 
Haha dumb ass me actually forgot abt moving them column by column, but actually more line by line oh gosh how stupid haha so I ended up being unable to finish my work even after staying till 630

Came back on tues to complete and the task was shabbily done w a lot of empty cells cause I couldn get the info 
Turned out tht the cells were hidden that why I can't find the info omg dumb me at work again ;( 
So I worked till 2pm after their briefing abt the industry and my task (find 1600 contacts by end june omg) to somewhat redo it as they want it done by lunch 
Then tasked to find media and association partners which was I worked on after lunch 
Moved on to name cards ard 5pm after some preliminary research then did till 630 before leaving the office 
Haha happily went to sportshub for my first fitness training hehe abit wary at first cause I went alone but turned out to be rlly fun (& tiring!!) 
Did some warmups, a run w timing 5.5, core muscles training, squats, wall-climb haha and two rounds
Had to buddy up for wall climb so I got to knw another girl who was alone and rlly fit haha and she was rlly nice cause she slowed down to accompany me for the two rounds when I ran rlly slowly 

Went for Zumba on wed (and I was late cause I worked till 640 lol) 
I wanted to skip it actually cause I knew I was gonna be late 
But so so glad I went cause it rlly made me my day much better after the whole day of work 

Thurs evening was spent w joycelyn who rlly nicely came over cause I was gonna end late
And gave me famous amos cookie and pooh bear (which she bought from kiddy palace pft lol)
Love how we can talk like those days when we were old aimia interns,
and seriously loving those days now that i'm so busy (and her upset over nothing much to do hahah)  

Can't quite rmb the exact tasks that was given over the next few days but they included transcribing video interviews, editing panel discussion descriptions for EDMs, researching associations and media partners, etc
And here's the mess at the end of the first week 

there was an event on fri, and thus i ended up leaving the office late
handled the reg process and kinda glad it went well :) :)
felt kinda awkz at the table while the others network ard w beer/wine (oh the refreshments were so good incl smoked salmon hahah)
and finally finally got to leave the place at 6 to go back to office to send out the emails omo

who knwwwwws omg my ic sent me the wrong list of emails to send
and thus many many ppl were contacted wrongly :(
one even replied sounding rather pissed off sigh
but mental note here is: when a mistake is made, don't reply sorry and long paragraphs so that you wont get picked on again

turns out that no one was planning to come back zzz so my ic told me to stay there till someone gets back to lock the place
turns out that the person was gonna take quite long
so she allowed me to leave
and that was about 8 to 830 where i could even see the night scenery lol 

as my family knew that i was gonna be late on tuesday with the other event
we went out to celebrate my bday early on sat which coincides with my lunar bday haha
always an excuse for more food ^^
dont think i've changed much over the years tbh
prob just tired-looking and even rounder faces haha
so we went to this seletar mall at far far away punggol/hougang
and had swensens lol
but anw swensens have this rlly nice comfort food brunch dish hehehe yumz

then we went to this water park at that area which is rather similar to the gardens we use to go to hahah
in any case, times w pama are just too comfy :')

inteded to go house of seafood
but voucher screwed up zzz so we packed back from old airport road :D
chili crab + black pepper crab + satay and other dishes hehehehe

sunday was spent on walking as usual 
then off to work again on mon 

Popular posts from this blog

2025

蘇打綠 二十年一刻 ❤️