14 mahua
8 jiaduobao
9 taxi
2 mrt
20 baodouquan
20 daminghu boatride
10 chicken drumlets
2 油旋
10 matcha drink
5 bingtanghulu
14 圆头酥
2 红豆烧
10 taxi
Started the day by myself this time haha woke up half an hour ahead of expected timing but ended up playing w wechat moments I nearly turned up late haha
But this morn's throat feels really really bad so it's good I didn't have to talk till I get some water
Left dorm at 745 to check out - which was done within seconds lol
Oh right whole body was aching again sighpie but skiing made the ache worth it hehe
Walked along the road as I couldn't get a cab hence a lil panicky but thankfully flagged one down after getting to a place that had no traffic police haha
Uncle was rather fast and we had a small chat on the weather - which apparently became warmer but I felt colder lol quite thankful actually cause I had no change but my ride was only 8-9rmb so he had to give me his change lol
Cabbed to 营口道 mrt where Wanying waited for me at the platform so I bought my own tickets etc heh feels like a local keke
But the morning crowd is wow population is definitely no joke in china no matter where you are haha
Sat the train till 天津站 mrt where Wanying then realised she lost her ticket lol so we had to get a replacement for 5rmb and out we go to the station which was just a level above the mrt haha
Got in after getting her tickets from the automated machine using her IC and me from the counter using my passport and booking reference no
Bought 麻花 and 加多宝 from the convenience store as well while playing w meipai and sending photos v rapidly using the station's superb wifi haha
Waited for a while and then off we go to board our train to jinan west stn on 二等座 ^^
Had the 煎饼果子 that Wanying brought - which her dad bought hehe but a lil disappointed as it tastes a lil weird prob due to turning cold oh wells gonna grab the shanghai's one again soon hehe
Slept a while later after finishing our food and talking before I went to the toilet and finding out that I can refill hot water hehe damn happy esp since my jiaduobao finished haha
Alighted at 11 and arrived at the rlly new station thumbsup sia
Grabbed a cab at the taxi stand and boarded this one w a female driver
Kinda cool actually but oh god she wanted to earn more so she picked up another guy on the way who spent 5-10mins squeezing his luggage into the boot zzz our precious time kept flying pass sobs
He even had to squeeze like mad into the front seat oh god pity him much then after quite some time we finally managed to move on and Wy asked that we be charged a cheaper rate
The driver dropped him off on this small road beside a bridge that is supposedly some train stn though we don't see it lol before dropping us at our 趵突泉
Had to get entrance tickets where mine costs 20 for student and wy costs 40 lol what an irony when our nationalities are actually the opposite hahaha
Anw entered the place which was a rather relaxing garden and simply just walked ard on our way to see the 趵突泉 haha found it a while later and it was 3 little fountains? Haha didn't find it exciting much till Wy pointed out that it's quite interesting that this gurgling fountain is a natural sight lol I totally mistook it like some man made fountain in spore hahaha
Then we started to find our way to the 南门 that leads us to daminghu but got distracted by 李清照纪念馆 hehe got excited to visit caus of the name but I totally forgot what lit work she actually did hehe
Apparently Wy learned her works before as well so it was quite fun going ard to read the lit works while we suan each other's Chinese hahaha and along the way I found other one I learnt was 武陵春 and baidu it to be the 物是人非事事休 欲语泪先流 yay
We also stood there to read more about her background which was rather complicated such that we had to slowly figure where exactly was she from lol
Went out soon after and passed by this sealion pond unexpectedly hehe
Much as the sealion were cute and all it was still kinda sad cause their pond is rlly small such that they can only swim to and fro in a rlly small space sobs
Kept losing our sense of direction and ended up in a museum that talks abt jap attacking jinan in the past sigh
Finally gt out of the place after finish the exit for so long buttt we seemed to have came out from another exit such that we lost our way to daminghu haha
Suppose to walk pass furongjie but ended up following baidumaps into some secluded aisles and back alleys we got a lil afraid of sobs
Just had to keep walking and detouring to slowly find our way which ain't a pleasant journey with the big 6kg backpack haha
Finally reached this renowned 大明湖 woohoo oh gosh damn tired sia but turns out to be quite worth it cause it's rlly big and magnificent while pleasing and relaxing despite being in the city central hehe
Could imagine 夏雨荷 playing the guzheng in one of the pavilions and 乾隆 on a boat getting attracted by the music hahaha #veryimaginative
Walked along the river and found a boat riding place so we decided to pay for it at 20/pax (the entrance sold 200/boat regardless of ppl aha luckily we didn't take that sia)
Boat ride lasted for 15mins which was quite nice tbh even though it was just a scenery-viewing experience hehe and it covered the whole place which we wouldn't have if we walked lol
Back and left daminghu for 芙蓉街 for quick lunch
Wy was a lil anxious by then considering her train at 4pm so we cabbed there and just walked down the street to grab the food we want
The street felt rlly cultural even though it was just food haha got to try at least one of their local specialty 油旋 and got cheated to 可乐鸡翅 which is just chicken drumlets lol ended up dirtying my hands badly in my eating process haha then bought 冰糖葫芦 before I left with coco's matcha and choc & coffee bread for my dinner
Cabbed there while I much on my bingtanghulu and messily clean myself up w wy's help haha reached there rather early but it turns out to be a good decision as I took rlly long to get my tickets gosh
Wy left at ard 350 after which I then roamed ard the place to look for food to buy back with only 25rmb to spend hahah had to think and rethink several times before I made the decision not to get anything lol
Sat ard to finish eating wy's BBQ squid and my matcha drink before it was 5pm for my boarding of train
First time boarding at a stop instead of the start so the place was alr a lil crampy and I sat beside this guy for the whole trip haha luckily I'm by the aisle cause I kept getting up to toilet and refill bottle
Slept for an hour before waking up to write some thoughts for the trip hehe recollected several happy moments which made me rlly rlly glad I made the decision to go ^^
Reached shanghai few hours later and arrived at shanghai hongqiao train sth which was rlly nice and modern! haha unexpectedly sia I thought it was gonna be like the airport lol
Then I came back by my line 10 which took ard an hour with 22/23 stops before it reaches wujiaochang LOL felt strangely unfamiliar yet familiar about the path to go back hehe but anw bought fruits back along the way :)
Came back to find my room rather messy and things missing so felt kinda sad about it
Had to borrow Joleen's pail for me to do my laundry which I did till 230am before I bathed lol
Cleared up my expenses in the midst of it as well and everything totaled to ard 820sgd which exceeded budget but not too bad hehe
Well well slept at 4am and felt satisfied albeit tired ^^
8 jiaduobao
9 taxi
2 mrt
20 baodouquan
20 daminghu boatride
10 chicken drumlets
2 油旋
10 matcha drink
5 bingtanghulu
14 圆头酥
2 红豆烧
10 taxi
Started the day by myself this time haha woke up half an hour ahead of expected timing but ended up playing w wechat moments I nearly turned up late haha
But this morn's throat feels really really bad so it's good I didn't have to talk till I get some water
Left dorm at 745 to check out - which was done within seconds lol
Oh right whole body was aching again sighpie but skiing made the ache worth it hehe
Walked along the road as I couldn't get a cab hence a lil panicky but thankfully flagged one down after getting to a place that had no traffic police haha
Uncle was rather fast and we had a small chat on the weather - which apparently became warmer but I felt colder lol quite thankful actually cause I had no change but my ride was only 8-9rmb so he had to give me his change lol
Cabbed to 营口道 mrt where Wanying waited for me at the platform so I bought my own tickets etc heh feels like a local keke
But the morning crowd is wow population is definitely no joke in china no matter where you are haha
Sat the train till 天津站 mrt where Wanying then realised she lost her ticket lol so we had to get a replacement for 5rmb and out we go to the station which was just a level above the mrt haha
Got in after getting her tickets from the automated machine using her IC and me from the counter using my passport and booking reference no
Bought 麻花 and 加多宝 from the convenience store as well while playing w meipai and sending photos v rapidly using the station's superb wifi haha
Waited for a while and then off we go to board our train to jinan west stn on 二等座 ^^
Had the 煎饼果子 that Wanying brought - which her dad bought hehe but a lil disappointed as it tastes a lil weird prob due to turning cold oh wells gonna grab the shanghai's one again soon hehe
Slept a while later after finishing our food and talking before I went to the toilet and finding out that I can refill hot water hehe damn happy esp since my jiaduobao finished haha
Alighted at 11 and arrived at the rlly new station thumbsup sia
Grabbed a cab at the taxi stand and boarded this one w a female driver
Kinda cool actually but oh god she wanted to earn more so she picked up another guy on the way who spent 5-10mins squeezing his luggage into the boot zzz our precious time kept flying pass sobs
He even had to squeeze like mad into the front seat oh god pity him much then after quite some time we finally managed to move on and Wy asked that we be charged a cheaper rate
The driver dropped him off on this small road beside a bridge that is supposedly some train stn though we don't see it lol before dropping us at our 趵突泉
Had to get entrance tickets where mine costs 20 for student and wy costs 40 lol what an irony when our nationalities are actually the opposite hahaha
Anw entered the place which was a rather relaxing garden and simply just walked ard on our way to see the 趵突泉 haha found it a while later and it was 3 little fountains? Haha didn't find it exciting much till Wy pointed out that it's quite interesting that this gurgling fountain is a natural sight lol I totally mistook it like some man made fountain in spore hahaha
Then we started to find our way to the 南门 that leads us to daminghu but got distracted by 李清照纪念馆 hehe got excited to visit caus of the name but I totally forgot what lit work she actually did hehe
Apparently Wy learned her works before as well so it was quite fun going ard to read the lit works while we suan each other's Chinese hahaha and along the way I found other one I learnt was 武陵春 and baidu it to be the 物是人非事事休 欲语泪先流 yay
We also stood there to read more about her background which was rather complicated such that we had to slowly figure where exactly was she from lol
Went out soon after and passed by this sealion pond unexpectedly hehe
Much as the sealion were cute and all it was still kinda sad cause their pond is rlly small such that they can only swim to and fro in a rlly small space sobs
Kept losing our sense of direction and ended up in a museum that talks abt jap attacking jinan in the past sigh
Finally gt out of the place after finish the exit for so long buttt we seemed to have came out from another exit such that we lost our way to daminghu haha
Suppose to walk pass furongjie but ended up following baidumaps into some secluded aisles and back alleys we got a lil afraid of sobs
Just had to keep walking and detouring to slowly find our way which ain't a pleasant journey with the big 6kg backpack haha
Finally reached this renowned 大明湖 woohoo oh gosh damn tired sia but turns out to be quite worth it cause it's rlly big and magnificent while pleasing and relaxing despite being in the city central hehe
Could imagine 夏雨荷 playing the guzheng in one of the pavilions and 乾隆 on a boat getting attracted by the music hahaha #veryimaginative
Walked along the river and found a boat riding place so we decided to pay for it at 20/pax (the entrance sold 200/boat regardless of ppl aha luckily we didn't take that sia)
Boat ride lasted for 15mins which was quite nice tbh even though it was just a scenery-viewing experience hehe and it covered the whole place which we wouldn't have if we walked lol
Back and left daminghu for 芙蓉街 for quick lunch
Wy was a lil anxious by then considering her train at 4pm so we cabbed there and just walked down the street to grab the food we want
The street felt rlly cultural even though it was just food haha got to try at least one of their local specialty 油旋 and got cheated to 可乐鸡翅 which is just chicken drumlets lol ended up dirtying my hands badly in my eating process haha then bought 冰糖葫芦 before I left with coco's matcha and choc & coffee bread for my dinner
Cabbed there while I much on my bingtanghulu and messily clean myself up w wy's help haha reached there rather early but it turns out to be a good decision as I took rlly long to get my tickets gosh
Wy left at ard 350 after which I then roamed ard the place to look for food to buy back with only 25rmb to spend hahah had to think and rethink several times before I made the decision not to get anything lol
Sat ard to finish eating wy's BBQ squid and my matcha drink before it was 5pm for my boarding of train
First time boarding at a stop instead of the start so the place was alr a lil crampy and I sat beside this guy for the whole trip haha luckily I'm by the aisle cause I kept getting up to toilet and refill bottle
Slept for an hour before waking up to write some thoughts for the trip hehe recollected several happy moments which made me rlly rlly glad I made the decision to go ^^
Reached shanghai few hours later and arrived at shanghai hongqiao train sth which was rlly nice and modern! haha unexpectedly sia I thought it was gonna be like the airport lol
Then I came back by my line 10 which took ard an hour with 22/23 stops before it reaches wujiaochang LOL felt strangely unfamiliar yet familiar about the path to go back hehe but anw bought fruits back along the way :)
Came back to find my room rather messy and things missing so felt kinda sad about it
Had to borrow Joleen's pail for me to do my laundry which I did till 230am before I bathed lol
Cleared up my expenses in the midst of it as well and everything totaled to ard 820sgd which exceeded budget but not too bad hehe
Well well slept at 4am and felt satisfied albeit tired ^^