8 KFC bfast
95 ski
10 locker rental
8+5 lunch
3 water
15 photo
36 dinner
Started the day rlly early at 545 as we had to board the bus at 645
Wy got up earlier cause she cldn rlly sleep whereas I had a rlly deep sleep haha
Left the room without bags today cause we can't ski w it so I put everything on me haha all in the pockts manz
Got on a cab at the hotel entrance then cabbed to dayuecheng area w the thought if getting jianbingguozi for bfast but there was only KFC sigh
So I ended up getting century egg duck porridge to eat on the bus
The bus went along the stops to pick other groups of ppl which incl 16vietnamese who came in rather loudly
Lol we thought it was gonna be a noisy ride but Heng they quieten down haha
Stopped by a petrol kiosk which had a rather new toilet hahahah best rest stop ever in china I think
Grabbed water as well cause my throat was sore since the morning Sighpiez
Then back for another hour ride with the loud tour guide
Reached the yulong ice skating ring at 915 and started to get our locker, shoes and equipment
This nice trainer started helping us to get all our stuff so we figured that he's prob hoping that we are gonna hire him to help us
Only that we don't need it cause wy's gonna teach me haha but luckily after wy told him we aren't going to hire him he still continued to help us hehe
So after locking my feet in the big inconvenient shoes and the shoes on the blades, off we go!
Hehe glad I went w a prepare-to-fall mentality cause the first thing that happened the moment we got out was me falling after sliding the small slope to get to the snowfield hahah
Couldn't pull myself up cause the blades were getting in the way and the shoes disallow the bending of my calf to let me get up lol so after a long time of struggling w Wy trying to help me but to no avail, the guy had to help me by stepping on my blades and pull me up from the side haha oh wells good start to a day of falls manz haha
Thought there will be a place for me to practice but nope I unexpectedly had to start sliding the begginners slope alr lol trainer Wanying goes the hard way manz
Followed Wy up to the conveyor belt up to the start which was a challenge alr cause we had to go up slope but I couldn't maneuver up such that I kept getting stuck at the spot lol the woman behind me then called for ppl to help me such that I managed to get on the belt haha
Saw how the other trainers help the ppl move by holding their hands and blades but that was not wy's method of training manz
She simply told me to go down hahaha ok la that's after telling me to keep my legs a shoulder length apart, front to close in to stop, and knees to bend haha ok so off I go lol
Surprisingly went down 4/5 of the slope eh!! The wind was rlly cooling and it was truly a breeze haha but but I was steering towards the right which was a small mountain lol so in fright I tried to stop but ended up falling w the snow falling from the floor on to me hahahah so my shifu Wy then came to help me up which was so hard hahahah had to take off my right blade to help me in getting up
Then soon after it's now fr another try hahahah got a lil fearful actually but still went ahead w Wy behind me
This time was scary cause I steered to the right again and nearly crashed right into this metal thingy
Tried so hard to move to the left but I was doing it wrongly so it didn't rlly work haha but still helped a little considering only my blade crashed and tripped me
Gosh had a few somersaults lol (fine exaggeration) before I recovered from my shock haha Wytotherescue again hehe
Decided it's too dangerous not knowing how to navigate so we moved to the second part of the intermediate level which was a gentler slope to practice hehe got up tsk the 1/4 mark by this pulley thing then tried to slide down bit by bit
Wanying then came down from the top quite some time later hahahaa
Decided to video for her so she went up again while I videoed for her at the half slope
She was rlly smooth actually and the video was rlly cool
Just that she fell face down hahaha it was damn funny cause we weren't expecting her to fall at all LOL she fell in a rlly weird way but got up super differently as well even she was surprised hahaha
Then she helped to video me go down the beginner slope which turns out to be rather smooth and me being able to stop without falling hahaha but the dumb thing came right after she stopped recording cause I tripped myself and lost balance hahaha it was as though a slide is incomplete without a fall lol
Then we did another one but this time was super cause no fall at all and I could navigate left and right hehe damn happy!
We then did meipai for each other... Only complete w 2 rides each to shoot the sliding and reaching scenes hahahah even caught a camera shooting so I decided to look better w a smile hahaha turns out to be quite useful as I got a nice shoot of myself sliding for 15rmb
Got tired and so went in for lunch heh had a nice cream and the 3+2 biscuits that wasn't v nice
Went out thinking to try the intermediate slope hahahah but despite doing the beginner first to familiarize myself I couldn't get myself up to the intermediate as I somehow lost touch hahahah
The stupidest thing was me getting stick at the pulley oh gosh stuck there for 5mins cause I fell > got up > fell again > couldn't get up > got up w others' help > pulled pulley again without getting feet ready so > fell again > got up and tried to move but the left foot kept turning itself till it ended up w both feet in opposite directions oh god Wy had a damn good laugh at my ridiculous position hahahah decided that I'm not ok a balancing at the moment so we went down to "settle down"
Haha tried again and finally the pulley worked this time phewww got up to ard the 2/5 mark cause I just felt unready for the steep slope but I wanna have a longer ride haha
Two men colluded on the slope at that time actually gosh scary sight cause one of then got a somersault gosh
Wy joined me as we moved to the side and v hardly moved up the slope to take pictures at the mountain haha it was after a long attempt of getting up before we could get nice scenic pictures manz
Later slid down and that was the last attempt ;) but we moved to the small pile of snow at the children play area and painstakingly climbed up perpendicularly lol
Gosh the angle was stepper than the rest so I screamed quite a bit when I went down haha
Anw took a long bus ride back to 大悦城 for dinner
We were speaking in English on the road and this guy sudd stopped to follow us from the back
So we slowed down to be behind him gosh
But we figured that speaking in English is still better since ppl can unds my Chinese but also realise that in not a local whereas they can't unds English
Searched fr a dessert place w mains for Wy haha ended up in taixing/taiheng whr I ate banana split and crispy chashaobao ^^
Wy started falling sick from here cause she was cold on the bus sigh
And my throat starts getting even more sore gosh despite drinking the most amount of liquid in a night since exchange started haha
Was so tired i don't wanna move so I simply sat on my bed to watch the tv which I got pleasantly surprised as it was 武媚娘传奇 w 范冰冰 and 張鈞甯 ^^ caught two eps straight followed by this ridiculous version of 神雕侠侣 that feels rather disrespectful of the book sigh
Bathed then packed and had a small a chat w pama but throat feels so bad sigh
Slept ard 1 for the next day :)
95 ski
10 locker rental
8+5 lunch
3 water
15 photo
36 dinner
Started the day rlly early at 545 as we had to board the bus at 645
Wy got up earlier cause she cldn rlly sleep whereas I had a rlly deep sleep haha
Left the room without bags today cause we can't ski w it so I put everything on me haha all in the pockts manz
Got on a cab at the hotel entrance then cabbed to dayuecheng area w the thought if getting jianbingguozi for bfast but there was only KFC sigh
So I ended up getting century egg duck porridge to eat on the bus
The bus went along the stops to pick other groups of ppl which incl 16vietnamese who came in rather loudly
Lol we thought it was gonna be a noisy ride but Heng they quieten down haha
Stopped by a petrol kiosk which had a rather new toilet hahahah best rest stop ever in china I think
Grabbed water as well cause my throat was sore since the morning Sighpiez
Then back for another hour ride with the loud tour guide
Reached the yulong ice skating ring at 915 and started to get our locker, shoes and equipment
This nice trainer started helping us to get all our stuff so we figured that he's prob hoping that we are gonna hire him to help us
Only that we don't need it cause wy's gonna teach me haha but luckily after wy told him we aren't going to hire him he still continued to help us hehe
So after locking my feet in the big inconvenient shoes and the shoes on the blades, off we go!
Hehe glad I went w a prepare-to-fall mentality cause the first thing that happened the moment we got out was me falling after sliding the small slope to get to the snowfield hahah
Couldn't pull myself up cause the blades were getting in the way and the shoes disallow the bending of my calf to let me get up lol so after a long time of struggling w Wy trying to help me but to no avail, the guy had to help me by stepping on my blades and pull me up from the side haha oh wells good start to a day of falls manz haha
Thought there will be a place for me to practice but nope I unexpectedly had to start sliding the begginners slope alr lol trainer Wanying goes the hard way manz
Followed Wy up to the conveyor belt up to the start which was a challenge alr cause we had to go up slope but I couldn't maneuver up such that I kept getting stuck at the spot lol the woman behind me then called for ppl to help me such that I managed to get on the belt haha
Saw how the other trainers help the ppl move by holding their hands and blades but that was not wy's method of training manz
She simply told me to go down hahaha ok la that's after telling me to keep my legs a shoulder length apart, front to close in to stop, and knees to bend haha ok so off I go lol
Surprisingly went down 4/5 of the slope eh!! The wind was rlly cooling and it was truly a breeze haha but but I was steering towards the right which was a small mountain lol so in fright I tried to stop but ended up falling w the snow falling from the floor on to me hahahah so my shifu Wy then came to help me up which was so hard hahahah had to take off my right blade to help me in getting up
Then soon after it's now fr another try hahahah got a lil fearful actually but still went ahead w Wy behind me
This time was scary cause I steered to the right again and nearly crashed right into this metal thingy
Tried so hard to move to the left but I was doing it wrongly so it didn't rlly work haha but still helped a little considering only my blade crashed and tripped me
Gosh had a few somersaults lol (fine exaggeration) before I recovered from my shock haha Wytotherescue again hehe
Decided it's too dangerous not knowing how to navigate so we moved to the second part of the intermediate level which was a gentler slope to practice hehe got up tsk the 1/4 mark by this pulley thing then tried to slide down bit by bit
Wanying then came down from the top quite some time later hahahaa
Decided to video for her so she went up again while I videoed for her at the half slope
She was rlly smooth actually and the video was rlly cool
Just that she fell face down hahaha it was damn funny cause we weren't expecting her to fall at all LOL she fell in a rlly weird way but got up super differently as well even she was surprised hahaha
Then she helped to video me go down the beginner slope which turns out to be rather smooth and me being able to stop without falling hahaha but the dumb thing came right after she stopped recording cause I tripped myself and lost balance hahaha it was as though a slide is incomplete without a fall lol
Then we did another one but this time was super cause no fall at all and I could navigate left and right hehe damn happy!
We then did meipai for each other... Only complete w 2 rides each to shoot the sliding and reaching scenes hahahah even caught a camera shooting so I decided to look better w a smile hahaha turns out to be quite useful as I got a nice shoot of myself sliding for 15rmb
Got tired and so went in for lunch heh had a nice cream and the 3+2 biscuits that wasn't v nice
Went out thinking to try the intermediate slope hahahah but despite doing the beginner first to familiarize myself I couldn't get myself up to the intermediate as I somehow lost touch hahahah
The stupidest thing was me getting stick at the pulley oh gosh stuck there for 5mins cause I fell > got up > fell again > couldn't get up > got up w others' help > pulled pulley again without getting feet ready so > fell again > got up and tried to move but the left foot kept turning itself till it ended up w both feet in opposite directions oh god Wy had a damn good laugh at my ridiculous position hahahah decided that I'm not ok a balancing at the moment so we went down to "settle down"
Haha tried again and finally the pulley worked this time phewww got up to ard the 2/5 mark cause I just felt unready for the steep slope but I wanna have a longer ride haha
Two men colluded on the slope at that time actually gosh scary sight cause one of then got a somersault gosh
Wy joined me as we moved to the side and v hardly moved up the slope to take pictures at the mountain haha it was after a long attempt of getting up before we could get nice scenic pictures manz
Later slid down and that was the last attempt ;) but we moved to the small pile of snow at the children play area and painstakingly climbed up perpendicularly lol
Gosh the angle was stepper than the rest so I screamed quite a bit when I went down haha
Anw took a long bus ride back to 大悦城 for dinner
We were speaking in English on the road and this guy sudd stopped to follow us from the back
So we slowed down to be behind him gosh
But we figured that speaking in English is still better since ppl can unds my Chinese but also realise that in not a local whereas they can't unds English
Searched fr a dessert place w mains for Wy haha ended up in taixing/taiheng whr I ate banana split and crispy chashaobao ^^
Wy started falling sick from here cause she was cold on the bus sigh
And my throat starts getting even more sore gosh despite drinking the most amount of liquid in a night since exchange started haha
Was so tired i don't wanna move so I simply sat on my bed to watch the tv which I got pleasantly surprised as it was 武媚娘传奇 w 范冰冰 and 張鈞甯 ^^ caught two eps straight followed by this ridiculous version of 神雕侠侣 that feels rather disrespectful of the book sigh
Bathed then packed and had a small a chat w pama but throat feels so bad sigh
Slept ard 1 for the next day :)