Just feels bad for not treasuring her enough, and guilty for even entertaining lazy thoughts of seeking comfort at home.


Stayed in the hospital ytd night to accompany grandma w dad and mum
As I stayed up to ensure she doesn pluck of the drip or pull away the oxygen tube,
I sudd felt thankful to be there
It was as though our roles switched from the times when
She will accompany me on the bed in the dark bedroom to watch tv dramas
To the time in pri sch when I came home drowsy and feverish and she single handedly carried me to the doc downstairs to get me healed
And unfortunately, to the time when all I did were weekly visits and kept to myself cause we are no longer able to communicate, and there she was excluded from the family's conversation cause everyone took her for granted.

I sudd rmbed how the maid described the situation at home ytd
In particular, the scene where my cousin did CPR on her while crying
I hvnt seen him cry prob a decade ago and that's why just thinking of that image itself shows how panicky and critical te situation was
Yet at that moment, I was no where near and had no thoughts about her

Then I thought of the time when everyone thought she was abt to leave
And I just came back from school not knowing anything
I rmb my mum talking abt my dad in tears while driving after hearing the news
And I can't bring myself to think anymore

There were so many times when I could do so much for her
And I never did cause I only learn to treasure after such moments

I haven't been a good grandchild, and have been no where near that
Idk if I'll become one before it's too late
But I want to try, and I'd better try before it's too late

That's why, I'm grateful for hving the chance to take care of her ytd night
Holding her hand, patting her to rest,
Even though she no longer knows or recognizes me.

Coincidentally, I'm right outside SGH now as I pass by on 196 on my way to utown
Great that you have pulled through ytd night
阿嬤,加油 :)

Popular posts from this blog

2025

蘇打綠 二十年一刻 ❤️